Thursday, September 13, 2012

Always Glad To Go Home


 For the third straight year, Dan and I had the opportunity to attend a 24th of July celebration in our local area of Council Bluffs by watching a play called "Come Home to Kanesville." The play depicts several pioneer families struggling to find enough faith and courage to follow the Lord's call to travel West to the Salt Lake Valley. The play pulls at the stings of my heart every single time I watch it. The dancing is so lighthearted, it puts an instant smile on my face and my feet start tapping out the beat to the live music. But in the next instant, I get all teary eyed as the Spirit touches my heart. 
 Different aspects of my testimony grow each and every time I see the play. 
I wish everyone in my extended family could attend! It's life changing.

The stage was just as beautiful as years past!






Molly and me!


Molly was very disappointed that I didn't attend the play on a night she was acting. That night, she sang and danced, but that wasn't good enough. She wanted me to see her acting! Despite my reassuring her that I saw how amazing she sang and danced, she was sad and nearly on the verge of tears. Poor little girl!
I taught Molly, Noah, and their older brother Caleb in primary and we've grown close to them ever since! They have an amazing family. So talented and willing to serve! Dan and I want to have a family just like theirs!

1 comment:

  1. This made me hOmaha sick again! We miss the friends and traditions we had there! I am so glad that you guys are still getting to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete