Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's been keeping me busy when Dan's on call...

Earlier this summer, Dan was looking on Craig's list and came upon a posting giving away free plants to anyone who would pick them up. With our flower box looking like this...

Dan decided he'd go and pick a few plants up in the morning. When I came home from work that day, I came home to this...

I was so happy! I loved my new little flower box even though all the flowers were nearly dead. It was finally filled with flowers and with the box now spray painted it looked a million times better!

But after a little TLC my pretty little flower box looked like this!!!

Still a little sparse, right??
This week my little pretty flowers burst into full bloom!!!!

These dark purple flowers just bloomed yesterday!
A little baby humming bird keeps kissing these little flowers! It's so cute to watch!

I love these white ones! They are SO beautiful!!

The best part about these flowers is the way they smell when you walk past them! They smell so sweet! These flowers are a highlight of my day. I love to weed them and water them everyday!

When Dan picked up the flowers for me, he also got some tomato, bell pepper, and jalapeno plants. They haven't done so well....

This little plant looks great, but it just hasn't grown anything. Major bummer.

Dan thinks I water them too much, so I've cut down on the watering. We'll see if that's what's killing them. Maybe I should move them into more direct sun light? But I don't want them to burn up...Either way, aren't they beautiful to look at?


1 comment:

  1. What are these pots called in English in the last image? can you please tell me?

    ReplyDelete