Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jazz on the Green


Omaha is an old railroad city, so a lot of it is VERY old and run down. Especially the old "down town" areas. Recently, the city of Omaha has come up with a project to "beautify" Omaha. The initiative is called "O! What a City!"

In an effort to beautify Omaha, mid-town crossing has been built up. In the middle of mid-town, is a beautiful park. During Christmas, the trees are lit up with Christmas light. What a sight! It's so beautiful! In the summer, every Thursday it's filled with beautiful Jazz music.

We decided to check out "Jazz on the Green" with some of our friends, so we packed up a picnic and headed out for a fun night!


It started to sprinkle a bit during our picnic, so we moved under a tree to provide some cover. With the tree, came lots of bugs!


Next time, we'll take a football to throw around.


More bugs!
(By the way, Dave, a med student in Dan's class, LOVES bugs, which is very entertaining)


A guy even played the xylophone. I was impressed!


Speaking of Jazz, one night I came home from work and Dan handed me a coupon for free dinner for two at Jazz, a Louisiana Kitchen!!!! I love Jazz!!

Since my family was stationed in Louisiana for 2 years or so, we all love Cajun food. In fact, my mom taught me how to make jambalaya. YUM! The first time I made jambalaya for Dan, I thought he was going to hate it, but he LOVED it!!!

Anyways, I was first introduced to Jazz in Kansas City at Legends, an outdoor shopping mall. Legends was a really fun place to shop and eat and my parents took Celina, Carson, and I there often since Leavenworth didn't have much to offer by way of shopping & restaurants. Anyways, one day we were shopping, we noticed Jazz tucked in a little corner of the mall. Of course, we had to eat there. The food was delicious! In fact, we ate there for my senior dinner after I graduated.

Little did I know, Omaha has a Jazz, too. Their bread & Cajun butter is the best!

For dinner, I ate Craw fish etouffee with jambalaya!



Dan ate Chicken a la Mar, which is by far the best meal the serve! It's heavenly. Just ask Dan!



All stuffed & Jazzed out. They have a live jazz band playing at night! (You'd think I was advertising Jazz or something?!)



After dinner, we walked around down town & we found these slides. They're a lot of fun especially for grown up kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment