Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Graduation 2012

After five long years, the big weekend finally came! Graduation weekend!!!!

My parents came into town for my graduation. It was such a great and unforgettable weekend. Since my parents came in late Wednesday night, we slept in a little bit and went shopping. Unfortunately, Dan had to wake up early and go into the hospital, poor guy! I had such a fun time with my mom and dad shopping for yummy food and beautiful clothes. We went out to lunch at Longhorn, which was absolutely amazing! It was so nice to catch up and not be distracted by school!

On Friday, we attended Convocation, which is basically a College of Nursing award ceremony. I was lucky enough throughout nursing school to maintain a 4.0, so I was awarded the Irma Kyle Kramer Award for the highest GPA. It felt so good to be valedictorian after all my hard work.



After the ceremony, Dan had to rush back to the hospital, so we grabbed some Subway and had a fun lunch with my parents. Afterwards, my parents and I went shopping at the Nebraska furniture mart in search for my graduation present. I couldn't find anything I liked. My parents wanted to get me something that I would have for the rest of my life, something that would always remind me of my graduation, something that would last a lifetime, but I didn't find anything that caught my eye.

I got a few other fun gifts...
 I love my new coach purse!!
 And necklaces!
 And earrings!
 
Later that night, we went for a walk in the Heartland of America park. It is so beautiful. 



 A tribute to our soldiers.
 I love this one.
 We also walked the pedestrian bridge which crosses over the Missouri River. It's amazing the early saints had to cross that very same river full of freezing ice. We are so blessed.
In two states at once!


We also went out for frozen custard at Culvers, which was delicious! 





 On Saturday, I finally graduated! The ceremony was 2 hours, but it seemed like it wasn't ever going to end.

All the UNMC grads, can you find me??? 
 Almost my turn!

The most anticipated walk of the year for me!
 It had the REAL paper in it too!

 Such a great dad!
 Best husband ever!
 I love my mom so much!
 All smiles!
 I don't think any of us thought this day would ever come, but it did!!!

 We had fun visiting some of the Mormon trail sites.

 So cute!
 Picking his nose!
 All I could do was laugh!
 Riddin' Buffalo!
 So much fun!
 hahahaha!
 Best mom ever!
 Trying to get a free ride West!
 Boy, was that guy tall!


 Helping get the wagon unstuck!



In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we had fajitas for lunch and celebrated with friends over for cheesecake and dirt cake for the kiddos. 

That night, we went out of Olive Garden for a yummy dinner. We had the most amazing dinner together. The conversation was great. We celebrated my dad's birthday by sharing a dessert I asked our waitress to bring our table. It was a total surprise! The look on my dad's face was priceless.


On Sunday, we went to church. My mom helped me in the nursery. We had a lot of fun chasing those little ones around, but boy were we worn out. After church we grilled burgers for lunch, and then my parents headed home. We sure are glad they could make it for my graduation! It was such a special weekend we'll never forget!




2 comments:

  1. Chelsea congratulations--that is amazing! You are inspiring. You worked way hard to get through school and support Dan at the same time. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures Uncle Mike took when you guys visited the Mormon Trail sites! Soo funny, his positions were perfect!

    ReplyDelete