Tuesday, July 31, 2012

One Year Wiser and a Fourth Year, Too!

I absolutely LOVE the summer! It's a time of great celebration around our house! 
Dan's birthday is in June. 
Then, we have Independence Day and our anniversary in July followed by Pioneer celebrations. 
Finally, my birthday is in August!

For Dan's birthday this year, it was a day of many celebrations. The last two weeks of June were considered Dan's "summer vacation." Basically, it was a two week break in between the 3rd and 4th year of medical school. However, since I didn't sit for my NCLEX until June 28th, the day before Dan's b-day, I would be studying all of Dan's "summer vacation." How terrible would Dan's two week break be, if I was studying the entire time? 
BORING and a complete waste of time. 
As a result, Dan got a jump start on fourth year and worked 12 hour shifts each day for fourteen days in the ER, during his "summer vacation." What a babe, right! 
Dan's last 12 hour shift was June 28th, the day of my NCLEX and the day before his birthday. 

So, for Dan's birthday we celebrated:
1. Dan's 27th birthday 
2. The end of Dan's 3rd year of med school
3. The beginning of Dan's 4th year of med school
4. The end of Dan's very l-o-n-g ER rotation
5. The end of my studying career (for now anyways)
6. The end of the NCLEX
7. The beginning of my life as an RN

Overall, June 29th was much more than just Friday, June 29th. It was a special day! 

We made breakfast together! 
We watched Brave at the matinee! (such a cute movie)
 

We bought Dan a new (birthday) suit for interviewing ;)

Dan opened his presents

 And got caught sneaking into his cake!


Dan wore his grilling apron I made him for his birthday! 

Dan talked to family on the phone and thanked them for his gifts!

 Dan opened more presents!



 More presents...


Dan read his birthday cards and laughed a lot! 


We ate Papa Murphy's Pizza and dirt cake.

Lots of  yummy, yummy dirt cake!


Happy Birthday, Dan! I love you! 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment