Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Baby Sister Isn't a Baby Anymore


Celina May Class of 2012


My sweet, sweet sister has graduated from high school. I thought this time in her life would never come. Even though Celina May is five years younger than me, she is leaps and bounds more mature at her age than I ever was. In fact, at times, I feel she's more mature than I am at this point in my life. She's such an amazing girl. She has a personality with more dimensions than anyone I know. I'm so glad I get to call her my sister. 

When we were younger, I remember Celina wanting to do everything I did. When I say everything, I literally mean everything. However, once Celina reached middle school, things changed. She wanted to be her very own person. She had decided she was going to try her best not to follow in my every foot step.

I ran track and played volleyball, she swam, cheered, played soccer, performed improv theatre, and became a beautiful artist among so much more. 



Despite Celina's effort to be different from me, we are still very much the alike. Celina's Freshman year, she was in the Homecoming court just like I was on my Homecoming and Prom court. I'll have to dig out those old pictures of me one of these days... 



Wearing one of  my crowns at my wedding. 

Speaking of Prom, Celina went to two Proms this year! Both of her dresses were absolutely beautiful!

Dress #1: The back...


...and the front!

Dress #2: 


We were also both in NHS. I've never, ever been that tan in my live, ever!


Celina graduated Valedictorian with a GPA greater than 4.0! Yup, I definitely didn't pull that off in high school! She's so smart!

At graduation, Celina was absolutely beautiful! The ceremony was nice and short, straight to the point! I enjoyed all the speakers. They gave me a lot to think about. 

Here she is walking in! She looked so beautiful!

About to cross the stage!


Valedictorian!


 Celina with Grandma & Grandpa Kropushek

Celina with Grandma Gayla

Celina with mom and dad

All of us kiddos together!

Brothas.

Sistas!

Carson

Kolton (I love this one!)

I love my baby sister so much! She's one of my best friends. We can go for years without seeing each other and the minute we see each other again, it's like we were never apart. We have too much fun dressing up in high heels and dresses. It takes me back to the years she followed my every move. I just love her to pieces. 

For college, C has decided to attend ISU after much debate. Originally, she planned to attend BYU-I with the intention to transfer to BYU, since BYU-I doesn't have her major, but she decided to forgo the hassle of transferring and attend ISU, which has her major and more! She'll major in Special Education and American Sign Language. I'm so proud of her! It's so fun to watch her grow up! 


Our Senior photos. We definitely look like sisters! I just wish I still looked that stinkin' cute. 



I've come to the conclusion, there aren't many things in this world sweeter than the special bond between a daughter and her daddy, especially our daddy. We fight over him all the time and for that one day, he was all hers! We're so proud of you!


I love you, Celina May!


No comments:

Post a Comment