Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Fling Before the RING!

During nursing school I became really good friends with two of the sweetest girls in nursing school,
Maggie and Jessica.

How we became friends...

...On the first day of nursing school, Maggie invited me to go over to her house for lunch. While we were heading to the parking lot, Jessica, a girl whom I had never talked to before, came up to me and asked if she could have lunch with me. Naturally, I invited her over to Maggie's house! Aren't I just the sweetest friend? Inviting other people over to a house I was just invited to myself?

Oh boy!

Fortunately, Maggie is the type who lives by the philosophy "The more the Merrier!"  
Needless to say, the rest is of the story consists of early mornings and late nights studying together at the library.
Quite exciting, huh!

Actually, since both Maggie and Jessica got engaged during nursing school, we would often take study breaks to talk about wedding plans, which was a ton of fun! Earlier this year, Maggie asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding! In mid July, we threw Maggie a Bachelorette Party! 

It was Maggie's last Fling before the Ring!

I had to work the day of the party, so I hurried and got ready for the party at home and then met up with the ladies at the hotel before we went out to dinner at Upstream Brewery! 
Dinner was delicious! 

The drink AJ ordered also matched his outfit, perfectly!

Maggie, very excited for her dinner to arrive!

Showing off her sash and opening all her presents! I gave her one of those AMAZING head massagers from Bed Bath and Beyond!

After dinner, we played a game where Maggie had to guess how Seth, her fiance, responded to a series of questions about their relationship.

We laughed so hard, our faces hurt!

 Maggie did really well at guessing exactly what Seth had said. Obviously, they're meant to be!

For dessert, we indulged in delicious Jone's Bro's Cupcakes decorated with Martini glasses and High Heels. YUM!!!


All the ladies, plus AJ, ready for a fun night!

Striking a pose! Too many inside jokes to count!

While we were walking around downtown, a guy asked Maggie if he could take her picture for a school project...Yeah, right! 
Dude it's the middle of the summer, you're not in school! But what the heck!

The Cat Walk.
 Have you ever thought, "Man, I really hope I don't trip" and then you do? Well...

So did Maggie!

Tripping just a little! She was trying to break in her wedding shoes before the big day.

She even had a cute little vale!

Back at the hotel we played a few different games. Here's a picture of Seth's rockin' bod!

We also had everyone who came to the party buy Maggie a pair of underwear that matched their personality. We put all the underwear in a bag and when Maggie pulled one out, she had to guess who bought if for her. 
During our long nights of studying during nursing school, Maggie and Jessica discovered my sweet tooth. We would constantly joke around about my love for candy. But Maggie did it relentlessly lovingly! So naturally, I purchased Maggie candy underwear! 
There was no fooling Maggie, she knew right off the bat I got them for her! 


Before heading out for a night of dancing, we indulged in the delicious fresh fruit tray that Dan made for us. (Best husband, ever!) 
While the ladies drank champagne and wine, I sipped on strawberry speckled lemonade (more props to Dan)!!
My ears rang the entire next day from the loud music we danced to. It was a night I'll never forget!
Happy Bachelorette Party, Maggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment