Saturday, January 19, 2013

Omaha Christmas Symphony

For Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, I was lucky enough to work both holidays. I don't know how my manager pulled that one off, but she did and I had no choice but to do as she wished. 

Dan had boards the Monday following Thanksgiving, so Dan studied the entire day and took a short break to enjoy some turkey with our neighbors and their two small children. When I came home, I ate their leftovers, which were delicious leftovers :) On the following Sunday, Dan and I ate steak and mashed potatoes and prayed Dan would do well on his boards the following day. Our prayers were answered :)

The first year Dan and I were married, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to start our own traditions. I love watching ballet. In fact, many of my friends growing up were dancers, and I had grown up watching them dance at their recitals. So naturally, when my neighbor asked if I would buy tickets to watch her girls dance in the Nutcracker, I had no choice but to buy two tickets for Dan and myself. I enjoyed the entire experience, while Dan dreaded it from the first plie to the last pirouette. Dan had me promise that I would NEVER drag him to another ballet for as long as I lived, unless, of course, it was to watch our own daughters dance. 

I promised. 

I have to say, from this experience, I was rather surprised when Dan came home with two tickets to the Omaha Christmas Symphony. I was pleasantly surprised at how much Dan enjoyed the concert and dressing up for the show. It was a night I will surely never forget. 





Dan is already making going to the Symphony somewhat a tradition. He has purchased another two tickets to attend James Bond at the Symphony for Valentines Day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure Dan is glad I didn't forget to add this little gem from our Ugly Christmas Sweater Party this year:


1 comment:

  1. Let's be truthful. Every bride wants her jewelry to attract the care and envy of other women.Stop searching any where,in a Omaha Jewelry ,you will feel a relax to choose the best jewelry.

    ReplyDelete