Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vala's Pumpkin Patch 2012

This year, we decided to go to Vala's Pumpkin Patch with a few of my nursing school friends to help bring in the holiday season. 


The Famous Vala's Pumpkin Patch Rocking Chair!


(Too bad it doesn't actually rock!)


Our little princess! Isn't he so glamorous!


I love the attention to detail at Valas'.


It was SO cold! We should have been in winter coats, but forgot them at home.


Maggie and Seth, enjoying the hay ride!


Top Row: Peter, Amber, Emily, Dan, Seth, Maggie
Bottom Row: Chealse & Dan :)


So excited to pick out a pumpkin!


We found our very own "muffin top" pumpkin! 


Dan has been practically dying to drive a tractor and he finally got half his wish! Sitting in one is almost just as good!


Using my pumpkins in a practical sort of way: As dumb bells!
Actually, with our admission, we received a free 8lb pumpkin, so I was trying to gauge what 8lbs might feel like.


See, it's the details that make Vala's so magical!


The petting zoo! This year, we couldn't find the two headed goat, but we sure tried!


Howdy!


Graceful #1


Graceful #2


Not so graceful #3


We finally met up with Jessica & Mike. They got caught up eating turkey legs and caramel apples!


Speaking of caramel apples, Dan and I shared a fresh one, but since it was so cold, it really didn't matter, the caramel almost broke our jaws.


On to the races!


Dan and I also raced against each other (not pictured). This year, I ended up crashing, and lucky for me, Dan stopped and came back to help dust me off. Needless to say, Dan won. BUT if my rick/short cut would have worked, I would have won, but instead I crashed :( Moral: Cheaters NEVER prosper. 


Just stopping at the John.


Vala's 2012 


The Pig Races fell a little short on comedy this year, but it is always cute to see the little piglets race for an oreo!!


Last, but definitely not least, Dan and I stayed a little longer than everyone else to play a little mini golf.


Yet again, Dan was victorious. I blame it on the "glow in the dark" balls that just went flying every which way! Better luck next year, if we stay in Omaha that is!


No comments:

Post a Comment