Wednesday, January 30, 2013

18 Weeks & Loving Every Minute!

This past Saturday, I entered into my 18th week of pregnancy! 

I have to admit, when we first got pregnant, I was so grouchy. Poor Dan! My stomach was constantly upset. Nothing sounded good to eat & took two naps on my days off from work. I was SO tired. I didn't feel like doing anything except for reading books & watching movies, while laying on the couch. As a result, Dan was able to get a lot of quality study time in. Dan was so good to me. He made me breakfast in bed, gave me the best massages, and made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry. In a way, I miss those days already.

Once I started taking prilosec and my endocrinologist put me on the right dose of levothyroxin, our lives went back to normal! In fact, once I hit my second trimester, life has gotten so much better than it has ever been. It's so exciting to daydream with Dan about our sweet new bundle of joy, which will be arriving in June! Awe, June will be an exciting time :) 

I often wish time would slow down a bit, so Dan and I could enjoy this spot in our lives just a little longer. I see my friends in their third trimester, and I do not envy them one bit. They just look so uncomfortable carrying a watermelon on their little tiny frames. In the same sense, I'm looking forward to enjoying every minute of that uncomfortable third trimester.

But for now, I'm absolutely loving every minute of my 18th week of pregnancy. 



This past week, Dan and I put together the baby's crib and changing table. The crib was a piece of cake, but that changing table was a beast. Too bad those things don't come already set up. But where would the frustration be in that? Ha! 

This week, our little baby:
-Weighs somewhere between 5.5 and 7 ounces (my 3 pregnancy books are conflicting)! Either way, it's growing!
-Is developing the whirls & swirls of fingerprints!
-Is developing alveoli (air pockets in the lungs)!
-Is also forming meconium in the bowel (a babies' first bowel movement)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. I commented and it showed up twice so I deleted one and they are both gone. But if you can't see it I said we are so excited for you guys and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete