Monday, February 4, 2013

Just a Few More Days!

I am 19 weeks along with our growing baby! Just a few days and we'll find out what we're having! 
Eeeeeek! 
After being married to be for more than four and a half years, Dan knows very well how much I love surprises! I find it very exciting to wonder and guess at what might be. So then, wouldn't you think I'd want to wait all 40 weeks to find out what we're having? 
No way!
There most definitely comes a time when a surprise needs to be revealed! 
After 5 months of waiting for this surprise, I am very much ready to have the best surprise thus far in my life!
At this ultrasound on Wednesday, we'll finally get the opportunity to see very organ in our developing baby. Like every momma, out there, I am very hopeful that everything is growing perfectly and according to Our Heavenly Father's Plan. 
Dan and I have been very prayerful and are ready for Wednesday!


Since Valentines Day falls on a week day this year and since we both have to work that day, Dan and I chose to begin our celebration early, by attending another elegant performance by our very own Omaha Symphony! 
It was a fantastic night filled with music from the very famous James Bond films. We started the night off with a delicious dinner of chicken fajitas & guacamole! 
FYI: Our baby & Mexican Food doesn't mix too well. :( My tummy was very rumbly. 

Our seats were fantastic! 
(Flash photography is not prohibited, so I turned of my flash, and took a picture :) Dan only allowed me to take one during their warm up!


After the concert, one of Dan's friends from Medical school took our picture! It was a very windy, freezing cold night! In fact, we received some freezing rain!


In the warmth of our home!


This week our baby:
-Can hear my beating heart, my lungs fill with air, my blood moving throughout my body, and our food digesting
-Vernix is now secreted from the babies skin
-Myelin (similar to insulation) is covering our babies nerves so it's movements will be more purposeful later in life
-Is producing gastric juices to digest amniotic fluid, which is then filtered through it's tiny little kidneys
-Is developing its baby teeth this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment