Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cooking for 22 Weeks Now!

Our baby has been in the oven for 22 weeks now!
He keeps getting bigger & bigger and I love it! I'm a little afraid my belly button might burst :) I definitely don't have an "innie" anymore.
This week Dan started his plastic surgery rotation, which has changed up the pace of our lives a bit. Dan is back to working full 8-12 hours a day. 
Oh, NICU, how I miss you already and it's only been 4 days.
Some of the surgeries that Dan has been apart of actually freak me out a little, but I just remind myself that it's not my body going under the knife. Dan has been good to remind me everyday that my body is perfect and I don't need any work done (we'll see after this little guy is finished baking :)
Yesterday, we had to buy a new tire for our Chevy. Dan got a flat tire in the side wall that couldn't be fixed. Such is life!
This week we've been working on the baby's nursery. 
Dan sanded and stained an old shelve that I had painted purple years ago. Now the shelve matches the baby's crib & changing table!
We have also been looking at gliders to match our little man's furniture. 
Little by little, I think the nursery is "getting there."
After much googling, I haven't found a bedding set that I'm absolutely in love with.
I'm still looking!
 As for now, our baby is a growing machine!

 
 This week he:
-Has sweat glands
-Has fingernails that are fully formed 
-Has been working on brain growth, especially in the germinal matrix (the center of the brain that makes brain cells)
-Weighs 1 whole pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment